Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Lorry Loader Refresher (NPORS)
This course is designed to refresh candidates theoretical and practical skills to enable them to safely operate Lorry Loaders.Duration
1 days (8 hours).
Any experienced Lorry Loader Operators who would like to renew their certification.
Candidates must have a current Lorry Loader certificate and be able to provide proof of this prior to course commencement.
To refresh knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as plant operator.
- A working knowledge of the manufactures handbook and other sources of information, regulations and legislation applicable to the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and loader crane and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify all operating controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufactures and legislative requirements.
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuver it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuver the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting duties.
- Correctly deploy the stabilisers according to stated manufacturers specifications.
- Comply with all requirements for Rated Capacity Indicators or Load Moment Indicators.
- Identify weights and centres of gravity of loads to be used.
- Carry out lifting operations using the full capabilities of the loader crane.
- Position loads accurately at designated locations including onto and from the vehicle.
- Identify, fit and remove various attachments and lifting accessories as appropriate.
- Minimize load swing and ensure load security on the vehicle.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
Theoretical training and test. Practical training and test.
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NPORS card.