Following the recent announcement for a national lockdown from the Government, we wanted to update our customers about our ongoing operations for both Eco Academy and Expedient Training during the next 4 weeks.
The Government have clearly stated that leisure, entertainment and hospitality businesses are to close its doors to the public.
They have also stated:
“To help contain the virus, everyone who can work effectively from home must do so. Where people cannot do so (for instance people who work in critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing) they should continue to travel to work/attend their workplace. This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting vital sectors and employers.”
As our services predominately support the construction and utility sectors by ensuring health and safety compliance for sites and our own training centre follows strict COVID-secure guidelines we will remain open and deliver our courses as planned.
In line with Government guidelines to work from home where possible, we will be reviewing our courses over the next two days across the five key service types:
- Outdoor practical training
- These are likely to continue as they are under COVID secure guidelines
- Classroom training
- We will review which of these can be live streamed to reduce the number of candidates per classroom
- Test centre (e.g. CCSC Tests)
- These are likely to continue under COVID secure guidelines to ensure candidates are compliant to access construction sites
- Online courses
- Assessments (NVQs)
- These will continue with assessments carried out remotely
We are committed to operating a safe training centre and continue to support our customers to remain safe and compliant to continue their access to sites.
Anyone that has a course or assessment booked in over the next 4 weeks will be contacted directly over the coming days to discuss if there have been any changes in the format of delivery.