Project managers, site managers and supervisors, business proprietors and client-based personnel who have previously passed the five day Construction Site Management Training Scheme (SMSTS) or subsequent refresher course and hold a valid SMSTS certificate and have provided evidence to the training provider of their eligibility.
- This course refreshes knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces
Candidates must hold an in date SMSTS Novice or SMSTS Refresher certificate and be able to provide evidence of this. Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require candidate to re-enter the scheme by completing the full SMSTS course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
- Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate