We use tools, such as cookies, to enable essential services and functionality on our site. We also use this to collect data on how our visitors interact with our site, products and services. By clicking accept, you agree to our use of these tools for advertising, analytics and support.
A receipt has been sent to the email address provided.
A member of our team will be in contact to discuss your requirements
This qualification provides knowledge relating to Health and Safety in a Construction Environment. It is ideal for those individuals requiring a recognised qualification prior to completing the Health and Safety test for their CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card. This qualification will prepare learners for entry to employment in the construction industry.
This qualification is the ideal introduction to understanding the principles of health and safety in a construction environment. This qualification is typically undertaken by those with no previous
qualifications or experience of health and safety, however can be taken as a refresher also. The qualification supports an individuals application for a CSCS card.
This qualification will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to support
individuals carrying out a first aid role in the workplace.
Outcomes / Objectives of the Course:
1. Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving Health and Safety at work.
2. Know the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace.
3. Know the importance of working safely at height in the workplace.
4. Know risks to health within a construction environment.
5. Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of
the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended
Anyone undertaking a regulated qualification is required to prove their identity. This ensures only
those with a genuine claim to the qualification can make that claim. Learners who are unwilling or
unable to provide a copy of their identification prior to assessment will not be able to complete their
qualification. Acceptable forms of photographic I.D (1 is required) are:
• Signed UK or EEA photocard driving licence
• Signed passport (any nationality)
• Biometric Residence Permit/Card
• Valid EEA Member state photo identity card
• SIA security licence (with photo)
• Current and valid warrant card issued by HM forces or Police (with photo)
• Current and valid Prison service card (with photo)
• Proof of age card showing Pass Logo
• Employee photo identification card
• Firearms license (with photo)
• Prison or probation ID card
If you cannot provide any of the above ID we will accept a completed waiver form.
- Candidates will receive an QNUK Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment.
I would not hesitate to recommend Expedient to any of my colleagues. Thank you for a great service, keep it up!
Expedient staff always try to go the extra mile to assist with any late or urgent training requests that we might have. I have always received great feedback and assistance from staff at Expedient while trying to arrange any courses. Thank you!
Everything from my initial enquiry to the booking has been dealt with professionally and every member of the team I have spoken with has been very friendly and have gone over and above to meet my training needs.
Claire and all her team, in particular Maria, made our annual training event a success. Delivering 15 different courses , over 2 weeks for 21 staff is a huge task. No request was too difficult and all our training aims and objectives for this year were met. The feedback from our staff has been all positive. This has been the fourth successful year of training with Expedient and we intend to carry on using their services in the future. Many thanks for making the very complicated training programme a success.