We use tools, such as cookies, to enable essential services and functionality on our site. We also use this to collect data on how our visitors interact with our site, products and services. By clicking accept, you agree to our use of these tools for advertising, analytics and support.
A receipt has been sent to the email address provided.
A member of our team will be in contact to discuss your requirements
This qualification develops the learner’s knowledge, understanding and skills in delivering first aid in the workplace and will support a role in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for First Aid at Work as outlined in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
This qualification is for those undertaking the role of a first aider in the workplace. The QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) has been developed in conjunction with other AOs and supports employers to meet their requirements under the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
This qualification will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to support individuals carrying out a first aid role in the workplace.
Outcomes / Objectives of the Course:
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
2. Be able to assess an emergency situation safely.
3. Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty.
4. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking.
5. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding.
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries.
8. Be able to conduct a secondary survey.
9. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
10. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries.
11. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries.
12. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds.
13. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury.
14. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected poisoning.
15. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
16. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness.
Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
Attendees will be required to demonstrate First Aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore MUST be physically capable of doing so.
- Candidates will receive an QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work.
- Certification for this course is valid for 3 years.
I recently attended an Asbestos Awareness course ran by Phil and I must say it exceeded my expectations. I learned a great deal about ACM's, its history, and how to manage it etc. Having been in the USA for 8 years it was great to come back and see huge progress in this area. I will be recommending this course delivery by Expedient to all of my team.
Large Power Station
I would not hesitate to recommend Expedient to any of my colleagues. Thank you for a great service, keep it up!
Expedient staff always try to go the extra mile to assist with any late or urgent training requests that we might have. I have always received great feedback and assistance from staff at Expedient while trying to arrange any courses. Thank you!
I have dealt with Expedient Training Services Limited for many years during which time they have provided us with an excellent service in the areas of Health and Safety and Plant Training. The trainers are well qualified, the centre is accredited and they offer guidance and support before and after the training event. Being familiar with our work and our premises and having built up a partnership over time, Expedient Training Services are the perfect training provider for us. Their training expertise is well documented and reliable. I can confidently recommend Expedient Training Services as a solid and reliable supplier, and experts in their field.
Marine Engineering Organisation
Everything from my initial enquiry to the booking has been dealt with professionally and every member of the team I have spoken with has been very friendly and have gone over and above to meet my training needs.
Claire and all her team, in particular Maria, made our annual training event a success. Delivering 15 different courses , over 2 weeks for 21 staff is a huge task. No request was too difficult and all our training aims and objectives for this year were met. The feedback from our staff has been all positive. This has been the fourth successful year of training with Expedient and we intend to carry on using their services in the future. Many thanks for making the very complicated training programme a success.
We have been using Expedient for over 5 years now.; initially they delivered Over Head Crane Training and Abrasive Wheels. We found their office staff very knowledgeable and helpful when deciding which training courses would best suit our needs and requirements. Expedient are always able to deliver on-site training and often at short notice. Their trainers are very competent in their field and this is reflected in the standard of output by the workforce. Since then we have arranged numerous other training courses including Train the Trainer which has been valuable to our business needs. I would have no hesitation when recommending Expedient to an organisation looking for a solid, all round training provider.