This course will ensure each person understands the risks and hazards of dusts at various stages of their working practices and that they follow the safe systems of wearing this protection.
Any workers that have duties which may contaminate the air with dust, mist, vapour, gas or fumes such as:
* Cutting wood or stone
* Using a product containing volatile solvents
* Handling a dusty powder
* Wearing stainless steel
Or where workers are exposed to low oxygen levels, such as confined spaces.
- It will also provide candidates with correctly fitted respiratory protective equipment (RPE). Correctly fitted RPE ensures that the wearer is not exposed to harmful substances in the air.
You should always conduct a repeat fit test if the wearer:
- Loses or gains weight
- Undergoes any substantial dental work
- Develops any facial changes (scars, moles etc) around the face seal area.
- Correctly fitted masks tested by qualitative or quantitative methods (quantitative is strongly recommended)
And knowledge in:
- Understand the personal health and safety implications of dust in the construction work place
- Know the various methods of protection appropriate in the construction environment
- Candidates must provide their own mask to be fitted.
All candidates must be clean shaven.
- Practical training and face fit test which consists of a sequence of light exercises.
Candidates will receive an Expedient certificate.