Changes to the CITB HS&E Test
CITB have announced they are changing the HS&E test from 26th June making the test even more robust so that operatives can continue to be safe on the job and know that their fellow workers are just as qualified to contribute to a safe working environment.
This is so Employers can also have the assurance that their qualified workforce is less likely to lose days to injuries on the job.
How exactly will this impact you?
- If you are already a valid CSCS card holder you will not need to sit this new test until your card needs to be renewed.
- For anyone needing to take the test, post 26th June, you will sit the new revised version.
- The new test ensures that questions are all up to date with current legislation.
- The operatives test now better reflects the range of day to day tasks and responsibilities that they may have on site.
- All tests will be of equal difficulty to create a ‘level playing field’ for all test takers.
- There is a new scoring system in place which is simpler to understand.
- New questions have been added to cover a wider range of health, safety and environment tasks and responsibilities.
- There is a new style ‘drag and drop’ question (MAP test only).
- The instructions have improved on how to operate testing equipment.
- There is new revision material which makes it easier to revise for the test.
Expedient Training offer both preparation courses and testing
Lyndsey Gates Compliance Manager for Expedient explains;
“We have worked with CITB for a number of years and can see the benefits of the changes to the tests.
Expedient will ensure that our candidates receive the same high quality of courses, testing and invigilating which ensures we are achieving CITB and Expedients exceptional quality standards”.