Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
A40B All Types - Static Duties Slinger Signaller Training Including Theory and Practical Tests
This course is designed to give experienced candidates the necessary theoretical and practical skills to enable them to pass their CPCS A40 Theory and Practical Tests which are conducted on this course.Duration
Any experienced workers with lifting experience who require a red CPCS card for A40 Slinger Signaller.
You must hold a Health and Safety Environment Test. This must have been passed within the last 2 years.
You must also be physically and mentally capable of undertaking the tasks you are required to carry out.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The nature of the industry and their role and responsibility as a Slinger Signaller
- Different types of lifting accessories
- Conforming with the manufacturers requirements
- Pre-use checks
- Specialist lifting accessories
- Reporting procedures
- Communicating with the machine operator
- Identifying the centre of gravity and weights of loads
- Preparing and readying the area of operation and maintaining exclusion zones
- Choosing the relevant lifting accessory
- Explaining actions required for hazards including underground and overhead services
- Securing and detaching various types of loads
- Ensuring load balance, security and integrity
- Guiding and controlling the movements of loads to different types of locations
- Explaining the importance and locations of positions of safety
- Using and complying with a range of communication procedures
- Providing directions where the machine operator cannot observe the full path of the load
- Maintaining safe working situations
- Assessing and confirming the area for machine movement is suitable for maneuvering activities and contains suitable locations to undertake marshalling duties
- Carry out-of-service, storing and securing procedures
And to pass your A40 CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of the Theory and Practical tests, candidates will receive a red A40 CPCS card.