Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
Energy Awareness and Action
An increasing number of organisations, of all sizes and sectors, are placing more focus on Energy Awareness and Management. The cost of energy continues to increase and legal drivers directly incentivise organisations to take action. At the same time, the climate continues to warm and customers expect organisations to play their part, contribute and make more eco-conscious products and services available.
This course will provide an introduction to energy management. The aim is to equip candidates with the knowledge and skills to identify, quantify and plan actions to reduce energy use whilst driving continual improvement of the energy performance of their organisation. Practical class exercises and case studies will be used to support theory.Duration
1 Day (8 Hours).
This introductory course is for anyone wishing to learn how to measure and reduce their own energy use or that of their organisation. The course is suitable for environmental mangers and facilities managers as well as general workforce awareness across all roles.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Outline the key drivers for energy management (financial, legal and moral).
- Identify relevant government incentives for increased energy efficiency.
- Explain the links between energy use and associated environmental impacts including climate change and resource depletion.
- Outline the steps of an energy audit.
- Identify example energy sources, uses and methods for measurement.
- Define a carbon footprint.
- Explain the benefit of an energy management system and the key requirements of ISO 50001.
- Explain the benefits of different renewable energy options.
- Recommend improvement actions that are compatible with a hierarchical approach.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient Certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.