Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
This course will provide an introduction to climate change, GHGs, carbon and energy management. The aim is to equip candidates with the knowledge and skills to identify, quantify and account for GHG emissions in their organisations (the carbon footprint) and plan action to reduce these emissions.Duration
1 day (8 Hours).
Anyone wishing to learn about climate risk and ways to measure, monitor, report and reduce their contribution to it. Typical attendees include owners and directors, sustainability managers, facilities managers, financial managers and environmental managers.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Discuss the science of climate change.
- Outline the drivers for action on climate risk including international policy and local legislation.
- Identify associated risks and opportunities as relevant to their organisation and supply chain.
- Plan how to act in order to minimise the risks and maximise the opportunities.
- Understand how to measure GHG emissions and calculate the carbon footprint of your organisation.
- Appreciate the different GHG measurement methodologies, protocols and standards and how they could be applied (includes a focus on the GHG Protocol).
- Manage their organisations emissions by accounting for them.
- Develop plans for reducing emissions following the GHG Management Hierarchy.
- Explain the pros and cons of offsets.
- Access tools and additional resources to support further action if desired.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient Certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.