The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 include the requirement for training employees who work or disturb asbestos, referred to as non-licensable asbestos work or minor works.
This UKATA course that we are offering for sale, is sold under license from MGL Training Services who is the UKATA approved Professional Member 369ABC, and this company Expedient Training Services Ltd are not a UKATA Professional Member for this classification of training, UKATA Approved Working with Non-Licensed Asbestos Category B.
Any persons carrying out non-licensed works with asbestos containing materials, as laid down in CAR 2012, Reg 3(2). This would normally include, but is not limited to, trade operatives such as demolition workers, construction workers, general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, shop fitters, plasterers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, computer installers, fire and burglar alarm installers, architects, building surveyors and other such professionals or any other persons likely to disturb and carry out work on asbestos containing materials as defined in CAR 2012.
- To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Emergency procedures (EM1).
- Use of a Class H Vacuum (EM4).
- Control measures used on site for dust suppression (EM5).
- Use and selection of the correct PPE and RPE (EM6).
- Cleaning down the work area (EM7).
- Decontamination (EM8).
- Correct waste handling on site (EM9).
- Practical Training, Use of PPE, Control Measures, Decontamination etc.
- Theoretical training and assessment.
Candidates will receive a certificate.