All gas industry personnel involved in operational works on the Gas Networks and certain types of Meter Installations including, but not strictly limited to, persons who are or will become:
* Named Authorising Engineers or Named Competent Persons for Routine and Non Routine Operations.
- This course provides knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The roles and responsibilities outlined in the procedure with specific emphasis on competent persons.
- When the various permit types are used.
- Application for permits to work and forms of authority.
* Nominations from Reviewing Managers for Competent Persons who carry out physical works on gas sites or apparatus.
* A Competent Person has the ability, appropriate training, knowledge and experience to supervise and/or carry out physical work on site in a safe and proper manner.
* All candidates must possess the appropriate skills to perform their role; this includes suitable reading and writing abilities.
- Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
On completion of this course, candidates will receive an Energy and Utilities Skills card.