All gas industry personnel involved in operational works on the Gas Networks and certain types of Meter Installations including, but not strictly limited to, persons who are or will become:
* Named Authorising Engineers or Named Competent Persons for Non Routine Operations, normally those in a supervisory capacity.
* To be technically competent persons and nominated by their Reviewing Manager.
* For Authorising Engineers to be a person, having the ability, appropriate training, knowledge and experience, to authorise work to be undertaken in a safe and proper manner.
* For Competent Person, having the ability, appropriate training, knowledge and experience to supervise and/or carry out work on site in a safe and proper manner.
* All candidates must possess the appropriate skills to perform their role; this includes suitable reading and writing abilities.