Terms and Conditions of Business
- All terms will be subject to English Law.
- Us, we, our, are terms that Expedient Training Services Limited will be known as here in.
- They, you, candidate, are terms referred to the course attendees.
- Whilst every effort will be made to keep to the advertised course content, Expedient Training Services Limited reserves the right to change course content as it deems necessary.
Bookings, Payments and Refunds
- We will only guarantee a booking once payment or a purchase order number has been provided.
- All quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of the quote. Any available dates provided are not guaranteed until payment or purchase order number has been received.
- All first time bookings must be paid in full at least 5 working days prior to the course delivery date. *
- Certifications will be sent to you via email and/or post, payment must have been received in full prior to despatch, your account must be up to date in line with point 5. Expedient Training hold no responsibility of any certification/cards lost in the post where a proof of postage has been obtained. *
- Payment Terms are strictly 30 days from the date of invoice. *
- Late or non-payment of an invoice may result in interest being applied in accordance with the “Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998”.
- Cancellations:- We reserve the right to charge the following rates in the event of a cancellation not initiated by Expedient Training Services:-
- 0-5 working days before the course delivery date, 100% of the cost
- 6-10 working days before the course delivery date, 50% of the cost
- 11 working days + before the course delivery date, 25% of the cost
- We will endeavour to provide alternative dates if a request to reschedule a confirmed course is received. We reserve the right to charge the following rates in the event of rescheduling a course not initiated by Expedient Training Services.
- 0-5 working days before the course delivery date, original course will be invoiced in full, rescheduled course will be invoiced at 50% including any certification fees
- 6-10 working days before the course delivery date, original course will be invoiced in full, rescheduled course will be invoiced at 25% including any certification fees
- 11 working days + before the course delivery date, original course will be invoiced in full, rescheduled course will be invoiced at 10% including any certification fees
- Where we cannot offer an alternative date within 30 days of the original course commencement date the booking will be deemed a cancellation, any payments received will be refunded after any applied deductions listed in item 7 (above).
- Candidate names may be changed at any time without incurring additional charges as long as candidate numbers stay the same.
- An agreed refund in line with point 1 (above) will be processed within 3 working days by the same method in which the original payment was received.
- Payments made by Credit Card will be subject to a 2.5% surcharge if the payment value is above £50.00 GBP in total.
- Payments made with a Debit Card will be subject to a £2.00 GBP surcharge if the payment value is above £50.00 GBP in total.
- All payments must be made in the GBP currency.
- For practical courses such as Confined Space etc, candidates should bring with them their own protective footwear, coveralls, safety helmets, eye protection and gloves (PPE). If the candidate does not have suitable PPE, we will do our upmost to provide where possible with prior notice.
- Where PPE cannot be provided, it is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure they obtain this prior to the course commence date. If appropriate PPE is not available, training/assessments will not be completed and no refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- Please inform us on the Candidate Registration Form of any physical impairments which may impact the selected training. We will do our upmost to accommodate your needs but we do require prior notification.
- For any practical training the candidates must be physically fit enough to complete the course. If they have any known medical conditions or doubts about their fitness then they must make the instructor aware of this immediately.
Working with Expedient Training Services
- All candidates will abide by all Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire practices in place at the course location(s). These practices will take preference over all other aspects of the course.
- All candidates will be expected to behave in a manner befitting to the course, which is to dress respectively and appropriately, behave so as not be a disruptive influence to other candidates, refrain from being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and not to act in a criminal manner. Failure to do so will result in the candidate being ejected from the course, and reported to the police if necessary. No refunds will be given in this event.
- We reserve the right to eject any candidate flouting these rules and any neglectful damage to property.
- We will act to recover damages incurred by the candidate or candidate’s employer for any neglectful damage to property or serious disruption to the course caused by a candidates.
- We reserve the right to refuse delegates entry to a course if any fees are outstanding.
- We reserve the right to eject any candidate who, through lack of basic knowledge/competence if it’s deemed to be holding up the rest of the class.
- Any special requirements of a candidate should be specified on the Candidate Registration Form. We reserve the right to cancel the candidate’s entry to a course if this information has not been provided to us prior to the course delivery date, where it will negatively impact the smooth running of the course.
- Any information supplied to us on the Candidate Registration Form will be treated in confidence and in accordance to our Privacy Statement.
- All bookings will be subject to candidates and their employers accepting these terms and conditions which are available upon request.
- Expedient Training Services Limited will not be liable if we cannot provide the services to you because of an event beyond our reasonable control. Such events include, but are not limited to, fire, flood, storm, strikes or other industrial action, failure of telecommunications services, war, riot, or any actions of any government or public body, failure or insolvency of the training centre. If we are prevented from providing services by such an event we will take all reasonable steps to try and reinstate the provision of the services to you as soon as reasonably practicable.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss of profit, loss of earnings, loss of anticipated savings, loss of revenue or loss of goodwill that you may suffer in any event covered in item 1.
- In no event will we be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss that you may suffer.
*Unless otherwise agreed.
ETSL - TermsBusinessV3 - 10/7/2017