In today's working environment good Health and Safety practices are essential. In construction and construction related activity Health, Safety Environment (CSCS), NPORS and CPCS cards are required to obtain access to all building development sites. Changes to the card schemes means your employees may not gain full competence cards in any occupation without achieving the relevant QCF (NVQ)
QCFs (NVQs) are designed specifically to demonstrate occupational competence in the workplace. We start at a minimum of QCF Level 2 to coincide with the Government’s target minimum level of qualification for the entire UK workforce.
Our team is available to offer any advice and guidance on the appropriate QCF for your employees. If you have any questions or queries and would like to discuss these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 4890212.
Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations - Planning Lifts (Construction)
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a specialist in planning lifting operations within the construction industry.
Please click the following link to view information about this qualification on the NOCN website:
The total qualification time is 890 hours.
Any employed person wishing to gain in Controlling Lifting Operations - Planning Lifts (Construction).
Candidates must be employed and able to carry out real jobs in the workplace.
Candidates must have support from a direct Supervisor or Manager for the duration of the qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The Learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace.
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace.
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace.
- Planning Lifting Activities Using Cranes and/or Lifting Equipment in the Workplace.
- Planning and Establishing Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Systems for Lifting Operations in the Workplace.
- Planning Work Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NOCN certificate.