In today's working environment good Health and Safety practices are essential. In construction and construction related activity Health, Safety Environment (CSCS), NPORS and CPCS cards are required to obtain access to all building development sites. Changes to the card schemes means your employees may not gain full competence cards in any occupation without achieving the relevant QCF (NVQ)
QCFs (NVQs) are designed specifically to demonstrate occupational competence in the workplace. We start at a minimum of QCF Level 2 to coincide with the Government’s target minimum level of qualification for the entire UK workforce.
Our team is available to offer any advice and guidance on the appropriate QCF for your employees. If you have any questions or queries and would like to discuss these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 4890212.
Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations - Supervising Lifts (Construction)
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Controlling Lifting Operations -Supervising Lifts within the construction industry.
Please click the following link to view information about this qualification on the NOCN website:
The total qualification time is 740 hours.
Any employed person wishing to gain in Controlling Lifting Operations - Supervising Lifts (Construction).
Candidates must be employed and able to carry out real jobs in the workplace.
Candidates must have support from a direct Supervisor or Manager for the duration of the qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Supervising Lifting Operations Using Lifting Equipment in the Workplace.
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work in the Workplace.
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace.
- Allocating Work and Checking Peoples Performance in the Workplace.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace.
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace.
- Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace.
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace.
This qualification is supported by federation - Construction Plant Association (CPA).
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NOCN certificate.