In today's working environment good Health and Safety practices are essential. In construction and construction related activity Health, Safety Environment (CSCS), NPORS and CPCS cards are required to obtain access to all building development sites. Changes to the card schemes means your employees may not gain full competence cards in any occupation without achieving the relevant QCF (NVQ)
QCFs (NVQs) are designed specifically to demonstrate occupational competence in the workplace. We start at a minimum of QCF Level 2 to coincide with the Government’s target minimum level of qualification for the entire UK workforce.
Our team is available to offer any advice and guidance on the appropriate QCF for your employees. If you have any questions or queries and would like to discuss these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 4890212.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) - Site Carpentry
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a Site Carpenter within the construction industry.
Please click the following link to view information about this qualification on the NOCN website:
The total qualification time is 1460 hours.
Any employed person wishing to gain in Wood Occupations (Construction) - Site Carpentry.
Candidates must be employed and able to carry out real jobs in the workplace.
Candidates must have support from a direct Supervisor or Manager for the duration of the qualification.
This qualification is supported by the British Woodworking Federation (BWF).
The learner will cover key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Installing bespoke first fixing components in the Workplace.
- Installing bespoke second fixing components in the Workplace.
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace.
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace.
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace.
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in two of the following optional units:
- Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace.
- Maintaining non-structural or structural components in the Workplace.
- Erecting Complex Roof Structure Carcassing Components in the Workplace.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NOCN certificate.