In today's working environment good Health and Safety practices are essential. In construction and construction related activity Health, Safety Environment (CSCS), NPORS and CPCS cards are required to obtain access to all building development sites. Changes to the card schemes means your employees may not gain full competence cards in any occupation without achieving the relevant QCF (NVQ)
QCFs (NVQs) are designed specifically to demonstrate occupational competence in the workplace. We start at a minimum of QCF Level 2 to coincide with the Government’s target minimum level of qualification for the entire UK workforce.
Our team is available to offer any advice and guidance on the appropriate QCF for your employees. If you have any questions or queries and would like to discuss these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 4890212.
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Land Drilling Operations (Construction) - Land Driller Support Operative
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a Land Driller Support Operative within the construction industry.
Please click the following link to view information about this qualification on the NOCN website:
The total qualification time is 570 hours.
Any employed person wishing to gain an NVQ in Land Drilling Operations (Construction) - Land Driller Support.
Candidates must be employed and able to carry out real jobs in the workplace.
Candidates must have support from a direct Supervisor or Manager for the duration of the qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace.
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace.
- Reinstating Ground Condition in the Workplace.
- Carrying out Checks and/or Basic Maintenance on Plant or Machinery in the Workplace.
- Contributing to the Specified Drilling Programme in the Workplace.
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Receiving and Organising Materials and Equipment for the Drilling Activity in the Workplace.
- Preparing and operating powered units, tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment in the Workplace.
- Setting out secondary dimensional work control in the Workplace.
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the Workplace.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NOCN certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.