In today's working environment good Health and Safety practices are essential. In construction and construction related activity Health, Safety Environment (CSCS), NPORS and CPCS cards are required to obtain access to all building development sites. Changes to the card schemes means your employees may not gain full competence cards in any occupation without achieving the relevant QCF (NVQ)
QCFs (NVQs) are designed specifically to demonstrate occupational competence in the workplace. We start at a minimum of QCF Level 2 to coincide with the Government’s target minimum level of qualification for the entire UK workforce.
Our team is available to offer any advice and guidance on the appropriate QCF for your employees. If you have any questions or queries and would like to discuss these please contact email@example.com or call 0191 4890212.
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services - Construction Operations (Construction) - Drainage Construction
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Drainage Construction within the construction industry.
Please click the following link to view information about this qualification on the NOCN website:
See Rules of combination on the above linkDuration
The total qualification time is 460 hours.
Any employed person wishing to gain an NVQ in Plant Operations (Construction) - Drainage Construction.
Candidates must be employed and able to carry out real jobs in the workplace.
Candidates must have support from a direct Supervisor or Manager for the duration of the qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Setting out secondary dimensional work control in the Workplace.
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace.
- Segregating the Area for Highways Works in the Workplace.
- Reinstating Ground Condition in the Workplace.
- Placing and Compacting Concrete in the Workplace.
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace.
- Installing Street Ironwork in the Workplace.
- Preparing and Mixing Concrete and Mortars in the Workplace.
- Providing Temporary Excavation Support in the Workplace.
- Reinstating Excavation and Highway Surfaces in the Workplace.
- Preparing and operating forward tipping dumpers to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating ride-on rollers to compact materials in the workplace.
- Preparing to and directing and guiding the movement of vehicles, plant or machinery in the workplace.
- Preparing for and arranging and securing plant or machinery for transportation in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating powered units, tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace.
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace.
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
This qualification is supported by federation Concrete Structures Group (CONSTRUCT).
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NOCN certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Health, Safety and Environment Test
- Operative (Units LA, O1 - O5 & O8)
- CPCS A09A Forward Tipping Dumper (Wheeled) Refresher Training Including Theory and Practical Tests
- A31 CPCS Ride on Roller Refresher Training Including Theory and Practical Tests
- A40B All Types - Static Duties Slinger Signaller Training Including Theory and Practical Tests