In today's working environment good Health and Safety practices are essential. In construction and construction related activity Health, Safety Environment (CSCS), NPORS and CPCS cards are required to obtain access to all building development sites. Changes to the card schemes means your employees may not gain full competence cards in any occupation without achieving the relevant QCF (NVQ)
QCFs (NVQs) are designed specifically to demonstrate occupational competence in the workplace. We start at a minimum of QCF Level 2 to coincide with the Government’s target minimum level of qualification for the entire UK workforce.
Our team is available to offer any advice and guidance on the appropriate QCF for your employees. If you have any questions or queries and would like to discuss these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 4890212.
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Plant Operations (Construction) - Transporting Loads
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Transporting Loads within the construction industry.
Please click the following link to view information about this qualification on the NOCN website:
The total qualification time is 170 hours.
Any employed person wishing to gain in Plant Operations (Construction) - Transporting Loads.
Candidates must be employed and able to carry out real jobs in the workplace.
Candidates must have support from a direct Supervisor or Manager for the duration of the qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace.
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Preparing and operating forward tipping dumpers to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating rear tipping dump trucks to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating tractors with towed equipment for non-agricultural activities in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating trailer-mounted concrete pumps to receive, pump and discharge materials in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating self-propelled bowsers to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating static concrete placing booms to discharge and place materials in the workplace.
- Preparing and operating volumetric trucks to receive and transport materials in the workplace.
This qualification is supported by federation Construction Plant Association (CPA).
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.