Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Telescopic Handler - Suspended Loads Novice
This course is designed to give candidates the necessary theoretical and practical skills to enable them to correctly prepare, safely operate and Telescopic Handler with a jib or lifting attachment for use with suspended loads.Duration
Anyone wishing to gain a Telescopic Handler Suspended Loads certificate who have no previous knowledge or experience in this area.
Candidates must hold either:
- NPORS Telescopic Handler certification with at least 3 months remaining Or
- Any other Telescopic Handler certification with at least 12 months remaining
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as plant operator
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
- Be able to locate, identify and explain safe working loads, lifting capacity chart and explain how the manufacturer may reduce the lifting capacity when moving a suspended load, different lifting configurations and working ranges
- Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads
- Identify any overhead/proximity hazards
- Be able to agree the signal codes/hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing placement zone with the slinger/signaller
- Ensure telescopic handler is in a safe condition and attachments fitted correctly
- Checked load integrity and security
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all out-of-service and securing procedure
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient certificate.