Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Slinger Signaller Novice
This course is designed to give candidates the necessary theoretical and practical skills to enable them to safely conduct Slinger Signaller duties.Duration
Anyone wishing to gain a Slinger Signaller certificate who has no previous knowledge or experience.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as Slinger Signaller
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
- Be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions
- Be able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non-serviceable items
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Slinger/Signaller use
- Secure various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity
- Direct and guide the movements of loads to different types of location using different methods of communication
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all out-of-service and securing procedures
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient certificate.