Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane Novice
This course aims to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Tower Crane and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions and accepted good practice.Duration
Anyone wishing to gain a Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane certificate who has no previous knowledge or experience.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Operate the crane safely and productively
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
- Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out of service procedure
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operators own legal responsibilities
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient certificate.