Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Mobile Crane Refresher (NPORS)
This course is designed to give refresh candidates theoretical and practical skills to enable them to safely operate a Mobile Crane.Duration
1 day (8 hours).
Anyone wishing to renew their current Mobile Crane certification.
Candidates must have a current Mobile Crane certificate and be able to provide proof of this prior to course commencement.
To provide refresh knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as plant operator.
- A working knowledge of the manufactures handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Set up an exclusion zone.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Mobile Crane use.
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements.
- Prepare the Mobile Crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures.
Theoretical training and test. Practical training and test.
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive either an Expedient certificate or an NPORS card.