Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
MEWP Scissor and Boom
This course is designed to give candidates the necessary theoretical and practical skills to enable them to safely operate a MEWP Scissor and Boom.Duration
1 - 2 days - depending on candidate numbers and accreditation.
Anyone wishing to gain a MEWP Scissor and Boom certificate who has no previous knowledge or experience.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as plant operator
- A working knowledge of the manufactures handbook for the particular machine to be used, and be familiar with other types of information sources and relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufactures and legislative requirements
- Check all emergency lowering functions
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely on level ground and inclines in open and confined area
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out accessing tasks
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height
- Travel with platform raised (where applicable)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift shut down procedures
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient certificate.