Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Crane Supervisor Refresher (NPORS)
This course is designed refresh candidates theoretical and practical skills to enable them to safely supervise lifts.Duration
1 days (8 hours).
Any experienced Crane Supervisors who would like to renew their certification.
Candidates must have a current Crane Supervisor certificate and be able to provide proof of this prior to course commencement.
To refresh knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a Crane Supervisor.
- Explain the importance of locating and identifying different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and functions.
- Demonstrate how to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Explain and demonstrate diverse types of communication methods used for lifting purposes.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Explain the function and use of the RCIs and Anti-Collision systems and use the information provided.
- Explain setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for diverse types or lifting equipment and lifts.
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions and identify overhead hazards.
- Identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting practices using different lifting scenarios.
- Explain the importance of checking the security of various types of loads and lifting accessories, explain the procedures ensuring load balance and integrity.
- Supervise the movement of loads to different types of locations using different methods of communication.
- Explain all environmental considerations and explain how factors such as the external area to the lift zone can affect the planning of the lifting operation.
- Carry out all out-of-service securing procedures.
Theoretical training and test. Practical training and test.
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NPORS card.