Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Appointed Person Lifting Operations Refresher
This course is designed to give refresh candidates understanding of the appointed persons responsibilities and how to fulfil them.Duration
This course is suitable for candidates who require to renew their current Appointed Person Lifting Operations certification.
Candidates must have a current Appointed Person Lifting Operations certificate and be able to provide proof of this prior to course commencement.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Take personal responsibility
- Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
- Plan a lift
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient certificate