Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Tele Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
A17 Telescopic Handler Refresher Training inc Theory and Practical Tests
This course is designed to give experience candidates the necessary theoretical and practical skills to enable them to pass their CPCS A17 Theory and Practical Tests which are conducted on this course.Duration
Any experienced workers with machine experience who require a red CPCS card for A17 Telescopic Handler.
You must hold a Health and Safety Environment Test. This must have been passed within the last 2 years.
- You must also be physically and mentally capable of undertaking the tasks you are required to carry out.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The nature of the industry and their role and responsibility as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Explain the need and function of appropriate documentation
- Configure and set for site travel (site and highway)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces (with and without loads)
- Manoeuver in confined spaces (with and without loads)
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of telescopic handler
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Maintain safe working situations
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
And to pass your A17 CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of the Theory and Practical tests, candidates will receive a red A17 CPCS card.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.