Plant Machinery Training
Our plant machinery training offers a range of courses that can be delivered on our site, based in the North East, or at a specified site anywhere across the UK.
With a wide range of courses on offer our customers benefit from dealing only with us for their training needs, rather than having to source multiple providers.
We deliver plant machinery training to large organisations through to sole traders demonstrating our ability to meet the needs of any business whatever their size.
Expedient instructors come from an operational, as well as a training background, and are experienced in all aspects of plant operations, with specialisms including:
- Cranes operators or instructors, all types
- Appointed Person Crane Operations
- Fork Lift Trucks
- Telescopic Handlers
- Lorry Loaders
- Slinger Signaller
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more or feel free to browse our plant machinery courses on the right.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
360 Excavator Novice
This course is designed to give candidates the necessary theoretical and practical skills to enable them to safely operate 360 Excavators.Duration
10 days (8 hours per day)
Anyone wishing to gain a 360 Excavator certificate who has no previous knowledge or experience.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as plant operator
- A working knowledge of the manufactures handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Excavator use
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufactures and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuver it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
- Carry out excavating tasks
- Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
- Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
- Fit and remove attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and test
- Practical training and test
On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient certificate.