Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
Climate change is a complex topic where knowledge and understanding is continuing to expand. Many organisations are placing more focus on the need to identify the risks and opportunities associated with climate change in order to best plan how to address these, for instance by integrating these into business resilience plans or building them into management systems such as ISO 14001.
This course will provide an introduction to climate change and the associated risks and opportunities. The aim is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify and plan for the risks and opportunities relevant to their organisation in order to increase business resilience and maximise on the opportunities.Duration
0.5 days (4 Hours).
Anyone wishing to learn about climate change and the associated risks and opportunities, and how to manage these within a business. Typical attendees include environmental managers, sustainability managers, owners and directors.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Confidently discuss the science of climate change.
- Outline the drivers for action on climate risk including international policy and local legislation.
- Identify associated risks and opportunities as relevant to their organisation and supply chain.
- Explain the business case for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Plan how to act in order to minimise the risks and maximise on the opportunities.
- Access tools and additional resources to support further action if desired.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient Certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.