Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability is about balancing the triple bottom line of profit, people and planet. It is understanding the expectations of your stakeholders and managing these issues in a way that is socially and environmentally responsible whilst bringing economic benefit to shareholders. Of course, this approach not only reduces the impact of your organisation on the environment and society, but good, or even leading practice, can significantly contribute to the success and long term sustainability of your organisation. By being mindful of potential future challenges and maximising opportunities as they arise, your organisation is best placed to succeed in a world where environmental issues are only set to deteriorate and stakeholder interest in Corporate Responsibility is only set to increase.
This course will look at the business case for sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The aim is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to conduct a materiality review and develop a sustainability strategy for their organisation.Duration
0.5 days (4 Hours).
This content can be delivered as either a short, focused and engaging presentation, designed to inform and inspire top management and decision makers, or as a half day course as required. This high level course is for anyone wishing to learn about sustainability and the business opportunities it presents. Typical attendees include owners and directors, sustainability managers and environmental managers.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Explain the business case for sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- List example Guidelines, Standards and Protocols for CSR.
- Review suitable methods to promote sustainability in business (including governance, stakeholder engagement, materiality reviews, setting strategy, performance management, disclosure and assurance).
- Discuss methods to embed sustainability into core business strategy.
- Recall example case studies of best practice.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient Certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.