Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
Harness Awareness and Fall Arrest
This course is designed to give candidates the skills and knowledge to choose, inspect, fit and safely use a harness.Duration
0.5 days (4 hours).
Anyone using harness or fall arrest equipment.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The industry, dangers and responsibilities of working in the industry.
- The manufactures handbook.
- Locating and identifying major components of the harness/fall arrest and explain their functions.
- Safety checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements.
- Selecting suitable types of harness/fall arrest relative to the work being undertaken.
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for use and demonstrate correct use.
- Correctly fit and remove the safety harness/fall arrest.
- Carry out end of work inspections.
- Environmental considerations.
- Storage of harness/fall arrest.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NPORS card.