Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
Undertaking the Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting will enable you to prove your competence in forestry and/or arboriculture operations and evidence your ability to meet licence to practice standards.Duration
Anyone over the age of 16 and wish to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills and require proof of competence within your field of expertise then this course is suitable for you. It doesn't matter if you are entering a place of work or have already established yourselves in a role. You may already be using your skills across a range of trees and timber operations however, this qualification will enable you to become a more confident worker meeting the current standards of good working practice.
Due to the nature of this qualification a minimum level of fitness would be required for specific operations. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage anybody it is an essential requirement.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Gain knowledge and understanding across a range of forestry and arboriculture functions and activities
- Be able to work effectively in a forestry and arboriculture environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Be able to review and develop your own practices and carry out a range of practical forestry and arboriculture tasks, to the required industry standard
- Improve your awareness of health and safety legislation and how individuals can contribute to the Health and Safety Executives (HSE) agenda
- Obtain occupational competence and/or licence to practice
- Meet the licence to practice or other legal requirements made by the relevant sector, professional or industry
To achieve this Qualification, learners must complete the two Mandatory units:
- Carry out maintenance of chainsaw and cutting system
- Cross-cut timber using a chainsaw
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment
- Practical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an in house Expedient certification