Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
Asbestos Awareness UKATA Category A
To provide an awareness and develop the knowledge amongst employees as regards the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACM). The course further gives an overview of the legislative measures in place to permit employees to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.Duration
0.5 days (4 hours per day)
Anyone who may come across asbestos in their day to day work such as people working in the construction, demolition, maintenance industries. Professions may include but not limited to joiners, roofers, painters and decorators, architects and shop fitters.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Increasing awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effect on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- Familiarisation with types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and where appropriate items of plant
- Where to obtain information on asbestos prior to commencing work
- What to do if suspicious material are found
- How to use work place precautions, including risk assessment process or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos
- Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others
- Awareness of asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation
- Procedures to follow when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements
Theoretical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive a UKATA certificate
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 17th Jan, 2018
- 14th Feb, 2018
- 14th Mar, 2018
- 13th Apr, 2018
- 11th May, 2018
- 12th Jun, 2018
- 13th Jul, 2018
- 14th Aug, 2018
- 11th Sep, 2018
- 12th Oct, 2018
- 13th Nov, 2018
- 14th Dec, 2018