Health, Safety and Environmental Training
Once Expedient has delivered your health, safety and environmental training it’s safe to say that you won’t want to go elsewhere!
We offer a range of training and have recently added new Environmental courses to enhance our portfolio, including:
- Carbon Footprinting and Management (Including an Introduction to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol)
- Energy Awareness and Action
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness and Best Practice
- Sustainability Strategy
- The Business of Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
- Train the Trainer: Training Skills and Practice
Our courses are delivered by Expedient instructors who are not only fully accredited and highly experienced trainers, but also have operational experience.
Candidates successfully receiving relevant certificate accreditation is important to us. But what is also is important to us is ensuring that everyone who comes along to our courses, leaves with the knowledge that they need to carry out their work effectively and safely.
Contact our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about our health and safety training courses.
Abrasive Wheels - Hand Held Petrol Driven Cut Off Saw (NPORS)
This course will enable candidates to operate machinery safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions and accepted good practice.Duration
1 day (8 hours)
Anyone wishing to or using Abrasive Wheels.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- A working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook and be familiar with other sources of information available including relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for petrol driven cut off saw
- Select suitable type of blade relative to the work being undertaken
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area and set up safety zone
- Prepare the machine for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of petrol driven cut off saw
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment
- Practical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an NPORS card.