Construction & Utilities Training
Based in the North East and delivering throughout the UK, Expedient delivers training and testing to, C&G, CABWI, CPCS, NPORS and EUSR accredited standards with either external or in-house certification.
Our NRSWA courses (New Roads and Street Works) are a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Since April 2011 it is necessary for Operatives & Supervisors wishing to renew their Streetworks Registration Card to undertake accredited NRSWA written reassessments.
We are an approved NRSWA reassessment centre and has tailored its courses to suit individual candidate requirements of either examination only or refresher training and examination.
We also deliver a range of other courses that include Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), PE Technology, Ground Support for Excavations and specialist courses such as winch training and CDM Regulations.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 for more information.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
PE Technology - Butt Fusion Refresher
This course refreshes candidates knowledge and skills required to join polyethylene pipe safely using butt fusion techniques.Duration
For experienced mains and service layers requiring to renew their certification.
Candidates must hold an in date PE Technology Butt Fusion certificate and be able to provide proof of this prior to booking.
This course refreshes knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The essential elements required to successfully joint using butt fusion methods
- The ability to join PE pipe together in line with industry standards
- Correctly set up butt fusion equipment ready for operation
- Correctly introduce PE pipe into machines to eliminate joint fault
- Demonstrate the ability to use various machines provided
- Apply a level of quality assurance to completed joints to ensure suitability to carry water and gas
- Carry out the butt fusion process in accordance with health and safety requirements
Treaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment
- Practical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive an Expedient Certificate