Construction & Utilities Training
Based in the North East and delivering throughout the UK, Expedient delivers training and testing to, C&G, CABWI, CPCS, NPORS and EUSR accredited standards with either external or in-house certification.
Our NRSWA courses (New Roads and Street Works) are a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Since April 2011 it is necessary for Operatives & Supervisors wishing to renew their Streetworks Registration Card to undertake accredited NRSWA written reassessments.
We are an approved NRSWA reassessment centre and has tailored its courses to suit individual candidate requirements of either examination only or refresher training and examination.
We also deliver a range of other courses that include Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), PE Technology, Ground Support for Excavations and specialist courses such as winch training and CDM Regulations.
Contact one of our team today on 0191 489 0212 for more information.
New Roads and Street Works Act - Re-Assessment
This course aims to refresh your understanding of the techniques used to work safely on the highway. It complies with the mandatory requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991Duration
1 - 2 days depending on number of units held (8 hours per day)
For those who working in England who need to renew their existing Street Works card
You must hold a Street Works card which is no more than 6 months in date and no more than 6 months out of date
To refresh your knowledge and understanding in your chosen units. Available units are:
- Unit 020 - Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
- Unit 021 - Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Unit 022 - Excavation in the Highway
- Unit 023 - Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
- Unit 024 - Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Roadbase in Non-Bituminous Materials
- Unit 025 - Reinstatement in Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials
- Unit 026 - Reinstatement of Hot-Lay Bituminous Materials
- Unit 027 - Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs
- Unit 028 - Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways
- Unit 029 - Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Unit 030 - Monitoring Excavation in the Highway
- Unit 031 - Monitoring Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
- Unit 032 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Roadbase in Non-Bituminous Materials
- Unit 033 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Bituminous Materials
- Unit 034 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs
- Unit 035 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways
Theoretical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive multiple City and Guilds (C&G) Certificates and a Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) Card