Construction & Utilities Training
Based in the North East and delivering throughout the UK, Expedient delivers training and testing to, C&G, CABWI, CPCS, NPORS and EUSR accredited standards with either external or in-house certification.
Our NRSWA courses (New Roads and Street Works) are a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Since April 2011 it is necessary for Operatives & Supervisors wishing to renew their Streetworks Registration Card to undertake accredited NRSWA written reassessments.
We are an approved NRSWA reassessment centre and has tailored its courses to suit individual candidate requirements of either examination only or refresher training and examination.
We also deliver a range of other courses that include Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), PE Technology, Ground Support for Excavations and specialist courses such as winch training and CDM Regulations.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 for more information.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
New Roads and Street Works Act - Supervisor (Units LA, S1 - S5 & S7)
This course aims to provide a sound understanding of the techniques used to safely monitor working on the highway. It complies with the mandatory requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.Duration
For those employed in monitoring works on the highway who have not worked on the highway before or require re-registration on the SWQR.
Candidates must be:
- Physically fit.
- Aged 18 +.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Unit LA - Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus.
- Unit S1 - Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Unit S2 - Monitoring Excavation in the Highway.
- Unit S3 - Monitoring Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials.
- Unit S4 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Roadbase in Non-Bituminous Materials.
- Unit S5 - Monitoring Reinstatement in Hot and Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials.
- Unit S7 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive multiple City and Guilds (C&G) Certificates and a Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) Card.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 21st Jan, 2019
- 4th Feb, 2019
- 25th Feb, 2019
- 18th Mar, 2019
- 15th Apr, 2019
- 29th Apr, 2019
- 13th May, 2019
- 20th May, 2019
- 28th May, 2019
- 10th Jun, 2019
- 24th Jun, 2019