Construction & Utilities Training
Based in the North East and delivering throughout the UK, Expedient delivers training and testing to, C&G, CABWI, CPCS, NPORS and EUSR accredited standards with either external or in-house certification.
Our NRSWA courses (New Roads and Street Works) are a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Since April 2011 it is necessary for Operatives & Supervisors wishing to renew their Streetworks Registration Card to undertake accredited NRSWA written reassessments.
We are an approved NRSWA reassessment centre and has tailored its courses to suit individual candidate requirements of either examination only or refresher training and examination.
We also deliver a range of other courses that include Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), PE Technology, Ground Support for Excavations and specialist courses such as winch training and CDM Regulations.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 for more information.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
New Roads and Street Works Act - Re-Assessment
This course aims to refresh your understanding of the techniques used to work safely on the highway. It complies with the mandatory requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991Duration
1 - 2 days depending on number of units held (8 hours per day)
For those who working in England who need to renew their existing Street Works card
You must hold a Street Works card which is no more than 6 months in date and no more than 6 months out of date
To refresh your knowledge and understanding in your chosen units. Available units are:
- Unit LA - Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
- Unit O1 - Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Unit O2 - Excavation in the Highway
- Unit O3 - Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
- Unit O4 - Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Roadbase in Non-Bituminous Materials
- Unit O5 - Reinstatement in Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials
- Unit O6 - Reinstatement of Hot-Lay Bituminous Materials
- Unit O7 - Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs
- Unit O8 - Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways
- Unit S1 - Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Unit S2 - Monitoring Excavation in the Highway
- Unit S3 - Monitoring Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
- Unit S4 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Roadbase in Non-Bituminous Materials
- Unit S5 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Bituminous Materials
- Unit S6 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs
- Unit S7 - Monitoring Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways
Theoretical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive multiple City and Guilds (C&G) Certificates and a Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) Card