Construction & Utilities Training
Based in the North East and delivering throughout the UK, Expedient delivers training and testing to, C&G, CABWI, CPCS, NPORS and EUSR accredited standards with either external or in-house certification.
Our NRSWA courses (New Roads and Street Works) are a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Since April 2011 it is necessary for Operatives & Supervisors wishing to renew their Streetworks Registration Card to undertake accredited NRSWA written reassessments.
We are an approved NRSWA reassessment centre and has tailored its courses to suit individual candidate requirements of either examination only or refresher training and examination.
We also deliver a range of other courses that include Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), PE Technology, Ground Support for Excavations and specialist courses such as winch training and CDM Regulations.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 for more information.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
New Roads and Street Works Act - Operator (Units LA, O1 - O5 & O8)
This course aims to provide a sound understanding of the techniques of Street Works excavation, backfill and re-instatement. It complies with the mandatory requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.Duration
For those employed in carrying out works on the highway who have not worked on the highway before or require re-registration on the SWQR.
Candidates must be:
- Physically fit.
- Aged 18 +.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Unit LA - Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus.
- Unit O1 - Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Unit O2 - Excavation in the Highway.
- Unit O3 - Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials.
- Unit O4 - Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Road Base in Non-Bituminous Materials.
- Unit O5 - Reinstatement in Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials.
- Unit O8 - Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces.
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive multiple City and Guilds (C&G) Certificates and a Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) Card.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 4th Feb, 2019
- 25th Feb, 2019
- 18th Mar, 2019
- 8th Apr, 2019
- 29th Apr, 2019
- 13th May, 2019
- 20th May, 2019
- 28th May, 2019
- 10th Jun, 2019
- 24th Jun, 2019
- New Roads and Street Works Act - Supervisor (Units LA, S1 - S5 & S7)
- New Roads and Street Works Act - Reinstatement of Hot-Lay Bituminous Materials (NRSWA Unit O6)
- New Roads and Street Works Act - Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs (Unit O7)
- Network Construction Operations (NCO) Level 1 Gas
- Ground Support for Excavations Novice
- New Roads and Street Works Act - Re-Assessment