Construction & Utilities Training
Based in the North East and delivering throughout the UK, Expedient delivers training and testing to, C&G, CABWI, CPCS, NPORS and EUSR accredited standards with either external or in-house certification.
Our NRSWA courses (New Roads and Street Works) are a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Since April 2011 it is necessary for Operatives & Supervisors wishing to renew their Streetworks Registration Card to undertake accredited NRSWA written reassessments.
We are an approved NRSWA reassessment centre and has tailored its courses to suit individual candidate requirements of either examination only or refresher training and examination.
We also deliver a range of other courses that include Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), PE Technology, Ground Support for Excavations and specialist courses such as winch training and CDM Regulations.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 for more information.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Network Construction Operations (NCO) Level 1 Gas
This course is designed to give candidates with little or no experience the necessary skills to work in the Network Construction Industry. Candidates will learn new skills and practice them on the job.Duration
5 days (8 hours per day) classroom/practical training.
2 days work based assessment.
Level 1 will suit candidates just starting out in, or are very new to, network construction.
It is preferred that candidates have some utility experience however this is not essential.
These qualifications are not approved for use by learners under the age of 16.
This course provides knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Assist in locating and avoiding supply apparatus and sub structures.
- Working under supervision, excavate holes and trenches in ground and pavement structures.
- Assist in preparing for reinstatement of excavation and pavement surfaces.
- Working under supervision, contribute to an efficient work environment in gas network construction.
- Working under supervision, contribute to an efficient and effective work environment in gas network construction.
- Working under supervision, operate powered tools and equipment for network construction operations.
- Working under supervision, join polyethylene pipe by electrofusion welding.
- Working under supervision, assemble components to meet specifications for gas network construction operations.
- Assist in preparing resources and signing, lighting and guarding the area for highway works.
- Assist in preparing resources and signing, lighting and guarding the area for site works.
- Working under supervision, join polyethylene pipe by butt fusion welding.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive a City and Guilds certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 25th Feb, 2019