Construction & Utilities Training
Based in the North East and delivering throughout the UK, Expedient delivers training and testing to, C&G, CABWI, CPCS, NPORS and EUSR accredited standards with either external or in-house certification.
Our NRSWA courses (New Roads and Street Works) are a necessity for any employee who may be involved in working on or adjacent to the public highways as defined by regulations supportive to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Since April 2011 it is necessary for Operatives & Supervisors wishing to renew their Streetworks Registration Card to undertake accredited NRSWA written reassessments.
We are an approved NRSWA reassessment centre and has tailored its courses to suit individual candidate requirements of either examination only or refresher training and examination.
We also deliver a range of other courses that include Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), PE Technology, Ground Support for Excavations and specialist courses such as winch training and CDM Regulations.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 for more information.
CPCS is a certification mark of the Construction Industry Training Board, known as CITB
Ground Support for Excavations Novice
This course provides candidates with knowledge of ground support systems when applied to excavations. It gives candidates the knowledge and practical experience of safe methods of supporting excavations and in the inspection of different support systems.Duration
2 Days (16 hours)
All candidates not holding previous Ground Support for Excavations certification
Candidates need to be physically fit to enable them to carry out the practical elements of the course and assessment
This course provides knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the legislation that is relevant to excavation operations
- Explain the major causes of excavation failure
- Identify and explain the main dangers associated with working in excavations
- Demonstrate and explain suitable solutions to prevent excavation failure
- List the protective clothing / equipment that must be used when working in excavations
- State the types of ground support systems available and demonstrate the correct method of support for specific ground conditions Demonstrate practical solutions to operational problems regarding ground support systems
- Demonstrate how to safely support excavated trenches in a range of ground conditions using timber, trench sheeting and hydraulic trench shoring
- Demonstrate the safety aspects appertaining to supporting excavations and be able to explain the consequences of failure
- Carry out an inspection of ground support systems and complete relevant documentation
- Carry out striking for ground support systems in a safe working manner
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment
- Practical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive an Expedient Certificate
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 18th Dec, 2017
- 10th Jan, 2018
- 12th Feb, 2018
- 20th Mar, 2018
- 11th Apr, 2018
- 16th May, 2018
- 20th Jun, 2018
- 11th Jul, 2018
- 13th Aug, 2018
- 10th Sep, 2018
- 8th Oct, 2018
- 12th Nov, 2018
- 10th Dec, 2018