Our purpose built confined space training complex, opened in 2010 and has provided simulated training experience to over 5000 workers.
The realistic training that our confined space site provides can be delivered under either the City & Guilds awarding body or your own ‘in-house’ certificate.
Theoretical elements can be delivered anywhere – however the practical side of our courses do have to be delivered at a none operational site.
We deliver three levels of confined space training, Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk in water and non-water industries as well as Managing/Supervising Confined Space and Emergency Rescue and Recovery.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about the confined space training courses that we run.
Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces
This course aims to ensure candidates are aware of the potential risks involved in working in medium risk confined spaces against the National Occupational Standard (NOS). Candidates will receive a realistic experience using our purpose built confined space training complex.Duration
2 Days (8 Hours Per Day).
Anyone entering a medium risk confined space with gas detectors and escape breathing apparatus (BA).
Candidates must be:
- Physically fit.
- Clean shaven (unless prior arrangement has been made with Expedient to wear BA hoods).
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces.
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely.
- Prepare and use appropriate respiratory protective equipment (RPE) for escape purposes in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
- Follow procedures and work safely.
- Deal with emergencies.
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in medium risk confined spaces.
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for working in medium risk confined spaces.
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working.
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment.
- Practical training and assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive a City and Guilds Certificate.
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 21st Jan, 2019
- 19th Feb, 2019
- 21st Feb, 2019
- 25th Feb, 2019
- 28th Feb, 2019
- 11th Mar, 2019
- 25th Mar, 2019
- 27th Mar, 2019
- 8th Apr, 2019
- 11th Apr, 2019
- 23rd Apr, 2019
- 25th Apr, 2019
- 7th May, 2019
- 9th May, 2019
- 20th May, 2019
- 23rd May, 2019
- 4th Jun, 2019
- 6th Jun, 2019
- 17th Jun, 2019