Our purpose built confined space training complex, opened in 2010 and has provided simulated training experience to over 5000 workers.
The realistic training that our confined space site provides can be delivered under either the City & Guilds awarding body or your own ‘in-house’ certificate.
Theoretical elements can be delivered anywhere – however the practical side of our courses do have to be delivered at a none operational site.
We deliver three levels of confined space training, Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk in water and non-water industries as well as Managing/Supervising Confined Space and Emergency Rescue and Recovery.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about the confined space training courses that we run.
Working in Medium Risk Confined Space Requalification
This course aims to ensure candidates are aware of the potential risks involved in working in medium risk confined spaces against the National Occupational Standard (NOS). Candidates will receive a realistic experience using our purpose built confined space training complexDuration
1 day (8 hours)
Anyone entering a medium risk confined space with gas detectors and escape breathing apparatus (BA) who holds an in date Medium Risk certificate.
A medium risk confined space exists where there are:
- access issues
- a realistic expectation of encountering a specified risk
- possible introduction of specified risks during the work activity
- Physically fit
- Clean shaven (unless prior arrangement has been made with Expedient to wear BA hoods)
- Candidate must hold an in-date Medium Risk certificate
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use appropriate respiratory protective equipment (RPE) for escape purposes in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working
- Theoretical training and assessment
- Practical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive either an Expedient Certificate or a City and Guilds Certificate