Our purpose built confined space training complex, opened in 2010 and has provided simulated training experience to over 5000 workers.
The realistic training that our confined space site provides can be delivered under either the City & Guilds awarding body or your own ‘in-house’ certificate.
Theoretical elements can be delivered anywhere – however the practical side of our courses do have to be delivered at a none operational site.
We deliver three levels of confined space training, Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk in water and non-water industries as well as Managing/Supervising Confined Space and Emergency Rescue and Recovery.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about the confined space training courses that we run.
Working in High Risk Confined Spaces
This course aims to ensure candidates are aware of the potential risks involved in working in high risk confined spaces against the National Occupational Standard (NOS). Candidates will receive a realistic experience using our purpose built confined space training complexDuration
3 Days (8 Hours Per Day)
Anyone entering a high risk confined space with self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus (SCOC). High risk is determined when there is a specified risk that cannot be controlled or eliminated
Candidates must be:
- Physically fit
- Clean shaven
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Prepare to work safely in high risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Dealing with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in high risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate industry knowledge for working in high risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces
Teaching methods include:
- Theoretical training and assessment
- Practical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive either an Expedient Certificate or a City and Guilds Certificate
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 30th May, 2018
- 23rd Jul, 2018
- 28th Aug, 2018
- 24th Sep, 2018
- 22nd Oct, 2018
- 26th Nov, 2018
- 17th Dec, 2018