Our purpose built confined space training complex, opened in 2010 and has provided simulated training experience to over 5000 workers.
The realistic training that our confined space site provides can be delivered under either the City & Guilds awarding body or your own ‘in-house’ certificate.
Theoretical elements can be delivered anywhere – however the practical side of our courses do have to be delivered at a none operational site.
We deliver three levels of confined space training, Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk in water and non-water industries as well as Managing/Supervising Confined Space and Emergency Rescue and Recovery.
Contact one of our team on 0191 489 0212 to find out more about the confined space training courses that we run.
Manage Work in Confined Spaces
This course is designed to cover the operations of a person managing/supervising entries into confined spaces. Candidates will be trained against the National Occupational Standard (NOS).Duration
1 Day (8 Hours Per Day)
Anyone who manages or supervises confined space operations
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- State what is meant by the term Confined Space and Specified Risk
- Outline principle requirements of the Safe Entry into Confined Spaces Regulations 1997
- Explain risk assessment requirements under the Management of Health and Safety Regulations and associated Approved Code of Practice
- State the principles of risk assessment relevant to Confined Spaces
- Explain Permit to Work
- Discuss the benefits of a safe system of work
- Discuss Emergency Arrangements as required under the Safe Entry into Confined Spaces Regulations 1997
- Discuss the operations of a person managing/supervising entries into Confined Spaces
- Evaluate Paperwork suitable for working in Confined Spaces
- Theoretical training and assessment
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an Expedient Certificate (NOS)
Contact us to find out if we can deliver this course on your premises.
- 15th Feb, 2019